Tuesday, October 7, 2014

31 Days to a Complete Home Renovation: Day 7



Today I am going to show lots of pictures without tons of explanation.  Hopefully the pictures can do the talking for me.   :)

But first I should be honest with you and tell you that these pictures were taken after about 3 days of working non-stop on the house.  Walls were removed, plumbing turned off, electrical wiring re-configured (so we could still have power without killing ourselves), and lots more you don't even want to know about (like getting those toilets out of the house and into the dumpster. GROSS). 





You may be wondering why, in the midst of the demo, are there still drapes on the walls?!  Well, that was my brilliant husband's idea.  He shut them every night so people couldn't see in and either get nosy or else try to steal power tools that were left on the job site.  And since we didn't care if they got dirty or not, I was fine with those cat-hair infested drapes to stay put.


This is what was once the master bedroom:


Old master and bathroom:



See those black spots on the floor?  That's no good. It's rotten floor and had to be torn out and replaced (eventually).






These are the other 2 bedrooms.  That bedroom on the left is the only room in the whole house that was left un-touched (except for paint color).  It's getting ready to go through another "mini-reno" process as we turn it into a nursery for baby #4!



Here's a random funny fact for ya:  as we took the walls down, we found out that they had been insulated with NEWSPAPER.  I mean, I am no construction guru (that's my husband), but even I was laughing at the discovery of newspaper in between all of the walls.  I wondered if those poor people froze during these Canadian winters!? Like I said, random.  But I thought maybe somebody would get a kick out of it.

Well that's about it for today!

Tomorrow we move downstairs so you can see what it looked like after Ryan and his guys got all of the walls removed.  Think....gross.

See y'all tomorrow!
Elita

5 comments:

  1. Truly, the most fascinating bit of this whole process has been watching Scott build our staircase... NSW Synthetic Surfaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a genuine capacity for composing one of a kind substance. I like how you think and the way you speak to your perspectives in this article. I concur with your mindset. Much obliged to you for sharing. https://nailershub.com/nailers/pin-nailers/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly getting a charge out of each and every piece of it. It is an incredible site and pleasant offer. I need to much obliged. Great job! You folks do an extraordinary blog, and have some incredible substance. Keep doing awesome. I truly value this great post that you have accommodated us. I guarantee this would be useful for a large portion of the individuals. how to get free 100 dollars on cash app

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snapchat Hackers for Hire are now available to restore deleted Snapchat Accounts, Hacked Snapchat Accounts, Lost or Forgotten Passwords and Monitoring of Accounts that belong to spouses, children or employees.  how do hackers hack instagram

    ReplyDelete