Sunday, October 12, 2014

31 Days to a Complete Home Renovation: Day 12



So I'm still sick, thanks for asking.  But I'm gonna be ok.  You know why?  Because my husband comes home tonight after being in Guatemala on a missions trip for 10 days. I'm so glad he was able to go and I'm so excited to hear all about what God is doing in the orphanage he worked at.  Selfishly, I am also glad to have my best friend back.  

On to the house!

There were certain things my husband left up to me to pick out.  Actually, pretty much everything.  But, because he's in the building industry, he knows way more than me. Which is super helpful!  We looked through a brochure on front doors (boy are they expensive!) and ended up deciding on one from good 'ol Home Depot.  Here's Ryan installing the front door.  I think this was at about 11pm one night after he'd worked all day on the house.






I liked that the front door sorta matched the style of the garage door. 







Helpful hint:  
Lowe's, Home Depot, Ikea, and Costco got a fair amount of money from us during our renovation.  Listen, this is not our forever house. This house was specifically a flip.  Well, a 2-5 year "flip."  And so we didn't want to spend a fortune on the best of everything.  If you're doing a renovation or a flip house, I would highly suggest getting it settled inside of you that you don't need the best. You just don't.  You won't make money when you spend $1,000 on a custom door rather than $300 on one from Home Depot. I'm just sayin'…


Ok, tomorrow I'll be talking appliances and I'll share where we "splurged" and where we saved (big time!).

Hope you have a great day,
E




2 comments:

  1. Great tip about not needing to have the best...especially when it's not your forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete